New Year Resolution – Get Organised with Google Tasks
The capabilities of Google Tasks are ever growing and worth a look for anybody thinking about using a digital ‘to do list manager’.
Useful tip → Link directly to text and quotes
Rather than sharing a link to a whole webpage – you can now easily share a link to a certain line of text.
To create a link that opens directly to highlighted text:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a page with text you want to share.
- To highlight the text you want to share, click and hold, then drag your mouse.
- To open the context menu, right-click on the highlighted text.
- Select Copy link to highlight.
- If you can’t select this option, this feature may not work for the selected content.
- Paste the link anywhere, like an email or message thread.
Google Meet updates – some super interesting!
Live translated captions
Live translated captions are now available for our Google Workspace editions. It’s not (yet) perfect but it is certainly an interesting development. Read more here.
Up to 500 participants
Users can now host meetings in Google Meet with up to 500 participants. Read more here.
New immersive backgrounds and styles for Google Meet on the web
Five new immersive backgrounds have been added for Google Meet on the web. The backgrounds feature “subtle animation that give your background life or change your lighting.” Just because you can doesn’t mean you should! Read more here.
Automatically move breakout room participants back to the original meeting
There is now the ability for meeting hosts and co-hosts to automatically move participants back to the main meeting room once breakout rooms end. The visual indicators have been improved for breakout room participants to indicate this movement. Read more here.