Four things to check out
Read&Write for Google Chrome quick reference guideRead-Write-for-Google-Chrome-Quick-Reference-Card
EDU in 90: What’s New in Docs
Converting PDFs to Google Docs
You can convert image and PDF files to text with Google Drive!
- On your computer, go to Google Drive.
- Right-click on the desired file.
- Click Open with → Google Docs.
- The image file will be converted to a Google Doc, but some formatting might not transfer:
- Bold, italics, font size, font type, and line breaks are most likely to be retained.
- Lists, tables, columns, footnotes, and endnotes are likely not be detected.
Read more here → Improvements to PDFs imported to Google Docs
Group conversations in Hangouts will begin to appear in Google Chat
Starting December 3, 2020, Google are making changes to how group conversations work in Google Chat.
One of of the key changes for us is the compatibility with classic Hangouts. Group conversations in Hangouts will begin to appear in Google Chat over the coming weeks. This will allow your users to move from Hangouts to Chat without losing context. In addition, 1:1 messages, updated group conversations, and unthreaded rooms from Chat will begin to appear in Hangouts – however I would recommend moving your focus to Chat.